As turkey loads have been engineered to pattern more tightly and reach farther, they have also become less forgiving at close range, leading to missed birds. Federal Premium® 3rd Degree® uses a three-stage payload to deliver lethal patterns at any range.
• Three-stage payload creates optimal patterns for the entire range spectrum
• 20 percent No. 6 FLITESTOPPER pellets for forgiving close-range patterns
• 40 percent copper-plated No. 5 lead for the most lethal performance at mid-range
• 40 percent HEAVYWEIGHT for dense, high-energy patterns at 40-plus yards
• FLITECONTROL wad maximizes the flight characteristics of all three shot types
• 1,100 fps muzzle velocity
• A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product will be donated to the National Wild Turkey Federation
The FLITESTOPPER lead portion of the 3rd Degree payload spreads quickly, creating patterns that testing has shown to average 60 percent larger than standard lead turkey loads at 10 yards. Targets shot with a 24-inch barrel and extra-full turkey choke.
The No 7 HEAVYWEIGHT and Premium lead portions of the 3rd Degree payload create dense, high-energy patterns at long range. At 50 yards, 3rd Degree puts 69 percent more pellets in a 10-inch circle than standard lead turkey loads (based on five-shot average of patterning targets shot with PTD157 567 through a 24-inch barrel and extra-full turkey choke).
Federal Premium® 3rd Degree™ Turkey Loads
Federal Premium® 3rd Degree™ uses a multi-shot, three-stage payload and
the exclusive FLITECONTROL® wad to deliver effective, lethal patterns whether a
gobbler is standing 10 yards out—or 50-plus. It’s the most versatile turkey load
ever produced. Look for it in 12 and 20 gauge.
These shells have been a proven turkey load beards on the ground“I found these shells were on the market and read specs on them I am on my 4th box with much success on turkeys very good...” - Whiskeycowhand
Premium Shotshell Technologies
When it comes to shotshell ammunition, Federal Premium leads--the rest simply follow. Our technologies have shaped the industry and we continue to redefine shotshell performance.Learn More